20 things you didn’t know about Ofelia (or maybe you did)
I thought I’d share a little about myself that you won’t find in my author bio, but if you’re on the lookout for my author bio you’ll find it here.
So what is there to know about me? Absolutely nothing! I’m a perfectly normal thirty-something woman. For example:
- I write gay fiction. It’s an addiction I can’t rid myself of, not that I want to, but I tend to get a bit testy if I can’t find time to write every day.
- Gay fiction is what I write, but I can’t seem to decide on what subgenre I want to write. I write a little romance, a little horror, a little paranormal, a little contemporary. I write short stories and novellas, and I write flash fiction and drabbles.
- I’m a pescatarian—yes, that means I eat fish but not meat.
- I’m addicted to coffee and salty liquorice.
- I’m a mother of four—no my parents didn’t have the talk with me.
- I live with my husband, our kids, two cats, one dog, and a various number of fishes—they’re mostly guppy and swordtail fish hence the variation in number.
- I’ve been told I have ugly feet…by my mother.
- I don’t have a driver’s license—I know, I should be ashamed. This flaw of mine was accepted as long as I lived in the city but now I’m in a big old house 20 kilometres from the nearest town. To not master the skill of driving is almost equal to being legally incompetent, at least in the eyes of the people around me. To be honest I’ve never wanted to drive a car.
- I bake, mostly bread, but I bake at least once a week often more. Kneading is therapeutic, if you haven’t tried it I suggest you do.
- I’m a bit manic when it comes to deadlines, the OCD-can’t sleep-ugly crying-manic if I’m not done at least a few days before a set date. This lovely trait of mine spills over on the people around me. If you’re late to an appointed time we have, you’re going on my blacklist!
- I’m the least romantic person you can imagine, and yet I’ve managed to hold on to my husband for quite a while.
- I’m terrified of frogs…and toads, but frogs seems so much faster. I know some people laugh at this, but I have nightmares about them, for real. Slimy little creatures.
- English is not my first language and therefore you’ll probably find plenty of errors and mistakes on this site. I have an editor for my stories, though, so no worries there.
- I hate cleaning, I know many people say that, but I really hate cleaning.
- I live my life by colour codes, post-it notes, daily word count goals, and to-do lists.
- Almost all of my friends live “on the internet”. I’m an introvert and like having it that way. That doesn’t mean I don’t like people, it just takes a lot of energy for me to meet up with them. Some get energised by hanging out with others, I get sapped.
- I can’t play any instruments and my mum once told me (rather sternly) to be quite when we sang together.
- I make my own soap—you might think I’m crazy but have you read the table of content on your soap? Do you know how many of those impossible-to-pronounce ingredients that are cancerous?
- My dream is to one day become a full-time writer.
- I’d love to hear from you, so never hesitate to send me an email, ask a question, or just say hello. You can use the form below, sign up for my Mailing List, find me on Goodreads, or connect with me on various social media (you’ll find them at the top of the page).